STEAM Classroom Robotics – micro:bit
The complete building + coding solution for your class including Strawbees Classroom digital lessons, using the Robotics board to add robotic capabilities to Strawbees projects with the micro:bit.
This bundle includes micro:bits. A bundle without micro:bits is also available.
- 1-year access to Strawbees Classroom for one teacher
- Full building & coding solution (micro:bits included)
- 100+ challenge cards
- Storage solution
- Education Alliance Finland Certified 2022
- Curriculum-Aligned Lessons
- Includes Strawbees Classroom Free Trial
|Age and grade||
|Number of students||
Up to 30 students
|Number of pieces||
- 1-year access to a license for one teacher
- Curriculum-aligned lessons (Common Core ELA, Common Core Mathematics, NGSS, SDGs)
- Student-facing resources
- Recorded webinars
- Regular run onboarding webinars
- Onboarding videos
- Supporting articles
- Strawbees Classroom walk-through webinars
- More questions? Go to FAQ
1 x STEAM School Kit
- Connectors – 1-leg Blue × 1024
- Connectors – 2-leg Yellow × 512
- Connectors – 3-leg Green × 512
- Connectors – 5-leg Red × 256
- Building straws – 240mm Blue × 512
- Building straws – 205mm Green × 360
- Building straws – 112mm Pink × 512
- Building straws – 80mm Orange × 256
- Building straws – 48mm Yellow × 256
- Clips × 160
- Pocketful of Ideas Card Deck × 1
- Posters × 2
2 × micro:bit V2 club – 10 Pack
- BBC micro:bits × 20
- USB cables × 20
- AAA batteries × 40
- AAA Battery holder × 20
2 × Robotics Inventions for the micro:bit – 10 Pack
- Strawbees Robotics boards for the micro:bit × 20
- Strawbees micro:bit clip × 20
- Servo motors 120 (SM-S2309S) × 20
- Servo motor mounts white × 40
- Servo motor arms × 60
- Screws for servo mounts and arms × 60
- Mini screwdrivers × 20
- Servo extension cables × 20
- Eyes × 40
- Eye sticker sheet × 20
- Sneaker shoes × 40
- Duck feet with magnets × 40
- Poster × 2
- Free access to the official Strawbees MakeCode extension
This bundle comes with a limited number of batteries and requires 20 more batteries.
Program with MakeCode
We designed our own official MakeCode extension to make it easy to program the micro:bit with Strawbees.
To install it, search for “strawbees” in the extensions section of the code editor.
Related Lesson Plans
Learn about the essential role plants offer for sustaining life on earth. Covered in the lesson is going through the parts, processes, and full life cycle of plants.
Explore how to get different results of the crane’s automated movement by changing the motor, the code controlling the motor, and adjust the movement of the mechanical structure.
In this two, 45-minute parts lesson, simulate the movements caused by different earthquakes through the construction and testing of a shake table.