Robotic Inventions for micro:bit
You can build and code robots that move! This add-on kit adds robotic capabilities to Strawbees building projects and the micro:bit.
- Robotics for micro:bit
- Snap-on electronics
- Add-on to micro:bit
This bundle doesn’t include micro:bits. A bundle with the micro:bits is available.
- Education Alliance Finland Certified 2022
- Curriculum-Aligned Lessons
|Age and grade||
|Number of students||
|Number of pieces||
- Strawbees Robotics board for micro:bit × 1
- Strawbees clip for micro:bit × 1
- Servo motor 120 (SM-S2309S) × 1
- Servo motor mounts × 2
- Servo motor arms × 3
- Screws for servo mounts and arms × 3
- Mini screwdriver × 1
- Servo extension cable × 1
- Eyes × 2
- Eye sticker sheet × 1
- Sneaker shoes × 2
- Duck feet with magnets × 2
- Free access to the official Strawbees MakeCode extension
This does not include the micro:bit, USB cable, or batteries.
This kit alone does not include Strawbees connectors or straws.
Program with MakeCode
We designed our own official MakeCode extension to make it easy to program the micro:bit with Strawbees.
To install it, search for “strawbees” in the extensions section of the code editor.
Related Lesson Plans
Use the Robotic Inventions for micro:bit to automate the mechanical movements of a crane.
Make a robotic companion to react and express when meeting friends.
Create an animated potted plant responding to light.